We offer several financial assistance programs to aid active duty service members, reservists, veterans, dependents, and spouses who wish to obtain their CDL. In addition, many of our partners participate in the VA Department of Labor Driver Apprenticeship Program for tuition reimbursement and hire our students upon graduation. If you are a military veteran who wants to obtain your CDL using your Post 9/11 GI Bill® or other veteran’s educational benefits, Excel Driver Services has been a trusted provider in CDL training to for over 17 years.

We accept The Post-9/11 GI-Bill]

The Post 9/11 GI Bill®, provides financial support for education to military individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.


The Vets-2-Trucks program helps Colorado residences who are currently serving in the military, close to being discharged or have been recently discharged (within the last 90 days) qualify for a Colorado CDL. The Vets-2-Trucks program waives the drive skills testing requirement, but you are required to successfully pass the written exams.

  • Faster entry into the workforce after discharge
  • Excused CDL Training Program (savings up to $6,500)
  • Excused Vehicle test rental Expense (Savings up to $250)
  • Excused Cost of Final CDL Test (savings up to $450)
You can also review the program pamphlet.

Housing Assistance Benefit Available. Train Nationwide.

Under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, housing assistance can be available for those veterans who need to cover housing costs while attending truck driving school. The benefit varies based on a number of factors. Excel can work with you to see whether you qualify. We can also help arrange for housing, while your attending school at a local hotel.  As a veteran, you can choose any approved program you want to attend, and housing costs may be paid as an additional veterans benefit.

The forms you will need are attached.  Please fill out and print these forms to bring in with you when you come in to meet us.


“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at


For veterans, truck driving can be a great solution. The military gave you the tools to succeed and the experience Professional Transportation & Logistics employers are looking for. Now, you just need to get a CDL so you can be hired and start earning a good income with excellent pay and benefits.